This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
A luxury, boutique Bed & Breakfast in the beautiful market town of South Molton, Devon.
Set in the heart of the historic market town of South Molton, Ashley House Bed and Breakfast offers guests luxury accommodation whilst being perfectly situated to explore the beautiful countryside of North Devon and Mid Devon, Exmoor and Dartmoor National Parks and the beautiful North Devon coastline.
Ashley House offers three luxury en-suite bedrooms, each with its own distinctive style. Each bedroom is furnished with an elegant blend of antique and contemporary pieces and original artwork. Our beds are fitted with sumptuous pocket-sprung matresses and fresh white, crisp Egyptian Cotton bedding. Other features enjoyed by all rooms include free Wi-Fi internet access, a well-stocked tea tray with selection of fine teas and ground coffee from a local tea and coffee merchant accompanied by fresh milk and mineral water. The rooms also feature flat screen HD/Digital TVs with Freeview and a hair dryer.
For breakfast, where possible, we use locally sourced ingredients and cater for varying dietary requirements
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01769 573444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ashley House is very conveniently situated in the centre of South Molton. Ashley House is very accessible by road and we provide free off road, secure parking. It is also near to public transport facilities as detailed below
- By Road : Sat Nav users (GPS) – Our postcode is EX36 3DJ
- From M5: Exit M5 at Junction 27; take the A361 exit to Tiverton/Barnstaple. At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto A361. At the roundabout take the first exit onto B3227. Turn right onto Queen Street/B3227. This will turn into East Street and you will see Paradise Lawn, behind black wrought iron railings, on the right hand side, opposite the fruit and veg and butcher shops. Ashley House is at the back of Paradise Lawn. When we have received your booking we will send exact directions via email for parking at Ashley House as this is accessible via the rear of the house on North Street.
- By Train: Our major train station is Tiverton Parkway. Trains run frequently from and to London Paddington and take around two hours. Trains also run from many other major destinations across the UK. Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for further details. Tiverton Parkway is a 25min drive from Ashley House. Please speak to us if you need help getting to/from the station and we will do our best to assist you.
- By Coach/Bus: National Express stop is a two minute walk from Ashley House. National Express operates many services to the town from various locations across the country. Visit www.nationalexpress.co.uk for further details.
- By Air: Exeter Airport: 40 miles; 50 mins. Bristol Airport: 70 miles; 80 mins. London Heathrow: 180; miles 3 hrs
Car Parking and Arrival
- There are 3 off-road, secure parking spaces at the back of the house accessed via North St.
- The driveway is concrete and access to the house is via a pathway through the gardens and down 7 steps to the back door.
- The pathway is well lit at night by motion sensor lighting.
- Assistance can be given with luggage.
- Guests are met at the rear gate when arriving by car and then walked through the garden into their room where they are asked to register.
- Guests are shown the guest dining room, bedroom and front and rear access.
- There is 1 bedroom with double bed on the ground floor. On the first floor there is 1 room with a double bed and 1 room with a kingsize bed that are reached by stairs only
- Rooms are bright and evenly lit. Overhead lighting is controlled by a switch. Bedside lamps are also in each room.
- All of our bedrooms offer the following: Lighting as above, good colour contrast between the floor, walls and doors, short pile carpet, all bedding is non-feather, digital/Freeview television with remote control.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite)
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms offering the following.
- A level entry, step free shower.
- Standard toilet and basin.
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas, halls, stairs, landing, are well lit using a combination of ceiling and wall lights.
- Lighting in the hallways is sensor activated.
- There is wooden flooring in the hallway downstairs and short pile carpet on the stairs and upstairs landing.
- There is a flight of stairs to the first floor with a handrail on one side.
- The dining room is situated on the ground floor with access to the front and back doors.
- There is a sofa and gas fire in the room.
- This room is always open for your convenience.
- Lighting is natural daylight and light levels are controlled by dimmer switches, with overhead and wall lighting used as well as table lamps around the room.
- The flooring is wooden.
- We are able to cater for varying dietary requirements. Please advise us when making a booking.
- Breakfast is served but you can help yourself to fruit juices, cereals, fruit, yogurt, homemade jams and coffee.
- Breakfast is served from 8am – 9am on weekdays and 8:30am – 9:30am on weekends.
|Address (Inc postcode):||3 Paradise Lawn South Molton Devon EX36 3DJ|